- Torth is approximately 1.1 million words, completed 2022.
- Torth posting in progress on RoyalRoad, 2022-2023.
- Torth posting in progress on Wattpad, 2017-2023.
- Torth posting in progress paywalled by Patreon, 2021-2023.
FREE SHORT FICTION
PREMIUM SHORT FICTION
- $4.99 An Aeon Ahead [Futuristica, Vol.2], May 2017. An earlier draft of this story won second place in the Conduit Short Story Contest, 2005.
- $0.99 Father’s Footsteps [Digital Fantasy Fiction], July 2016. Originally in Well Told Tales podcast, Sept 2008.
- $19.95 Psychodrome and Skyway [Love Free or Die], a romantic story set in my Torth universe, February 2015.
- $0.99 Handicapped [Soon: Four Chilling Tales], October 2013.
- $0.99 The Lion Within [Suddenly Lost in Words, vol.2] is set in my Torth universe, January 2013.
- Post-American Princess [Fantastic Stories of the Imagination], September 2016. Originally in Dark Recesses Press, issue #13, Oct 2012 (out of print).
- The Wolf Is Here, the Bear Is Here [Writers of the Future Contest] Honorable Mention, 2007.
- Leveling Mountains [Aoife’s Kiss and Wondrous Web Worlds vol.6], March 2005.
- Sunrise [Cyberpulp Magazine Issue #1], June 2004. Out of print.
- Decrepit [Flashshot] 90-word daily story of April 29, 2004. Out of print.
- Fiction [Neverary], October 2003. Out of print.
- Lightbringer’s Class Won Honorable Mention in Writers of the Future Contest 2007.
- So You Want A Fandom: my thoughts on publishing, 2021+ ongoing on Wattpad.
- Galactic Conquistadors [Fantastic History], February 2019.
- CGI is Not Made by Computers [Putting the Science in Fiction by Writer’s Digest Books, October 2018. Original version in Science in Sci-Fi, Fact in Fantasy, May 2015.
- Is Space Adventure on the Brink of a Renaissance? [Nathan Barra’s blog], March 2015.
- Implausible Dystopias: Logic Problems in Contemporary Dystopian Fiction [The Copperfield Review], April 2012.
- How to Stock Your Magic-Fighting Toolkit [Fantasy Magazine], August 2011.
- Down the Tube [The Internet Review of Science Fiction], August 2006.
- Short Story Writing for the Novelist at Heart [Neverary], October 2004.
- Robert Jordan: Genius or Hack? [SFFWorld.com], January 2002
- Sexism in Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time [SFFWorld.com], February 2002, and later updated on my website.
- Book Review of Otherland: The Sea of Silver Light, by Tad Williams, [Nabou], October 2001.
COVER ART and BOOK ILLUSTRATIONS
- Interior Illustrations for Yoga for the Belizean Soul, by Maria Long.
- Interior Illustrations for Skeptoid 4 by Brian Dunning.
- Cover for the ebook Fried Zombie Dee-Light!, by Susan Abel Sullivan.
- Cover for the ebook Chomp, by Brian Rappatta.
- Cover for the ebook Slaves of God, by Brian Rappatta.
- Interior Illustrations for Bees in My Butt, by Rebecca Shelley. Published by Wonder Realm Books, 2011.
- Interior Illustrations for We Flushed it Down the Potty, by Rebecca Shelley.
- Interior Illustrations for I Took a Burp, by Rebecca Shelley.
- Interior Illustrations for I Lost My Head, by Rebecca Shelley.
- Interior Illustrations for My Stomach Explodes, by Rebecca Shelley.
- Interior Illustrations for All I Got for Christmas, by Rebecca Shelley.
- Interior Illustrations for To Monkey With Love. Yuck!, by Rebecca Shelley.
- [Untitled Novel], first draft 60,000 words, 2022. Sci-Fi / Virtual Reality Technothriller.
- [Untitled Memoir], first draft 50,000 words, 2022. It’s about my game artist career.
- [Untitled Novel] old draft 58,000 words, 2001. Sci-Fi / Young Adult.
- Screenplay Series: Darwin’s Gap — Animated work-in-progress, 2013 – 2015. In the town of Darwin’s Gap, where animals are civilized, the herbivores and carnivores in 8th grade have a problem with each other.
- Screenplay: Eden — Sci-Fi Thriller, 100 pages, rough draft completed in 2005. A team of explorers on a newly settled planet become host bodies for intelligent alien parasites.